Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sharing the Joy

Please allow me a moment to laugh at myself.

As previously posted, the last time I took the MBTI my results showed that my personality type is that of an INTJ. INTJ means Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging person. This personality type is called The Scientist.

However, since 2009 began, God has been doing a lot in my life. And I do mean a LOT!

First, my heart was stirred to join a tribe of people whose hunger for life is similar to mine. We hunger for a dangerous, radical and free way of being. This is an awesome group of people who realizes that it's far more about who we are than what we do, because if we're really authentic then what we do will reflect that.

Next, I went through The Destiny Project. It really is as described - a transformational journey. I saw a detailed portrait of the person God envisioned me to be in a way that has turned my world upside down.

The Destiny Project launched me into this adventure of self-discovery. I'd spent 40-something years trying, and mostly succeeding, to be someone other than the real me. Glimpses were seen, but I'd been programmed from childhood to quash that highly energetic, emotional, gifted little girl so I lived out of the shadow mission. In DP language, a person's shadow mission is the enemy's plan for that person's life. Not God's.

So, as I've continued to walk out this journey of self-discovery, I decided to take the MBTI again. I followed my curiosity and laughed myself giddy at what I discovered.

I am not an introverted, thinking, judging person. I am almost the exact opposite of what had previously been indicated.

I am an ENFP. Extroverted. Intuitive. Feeling. Perceiving.

The portrait of an ENFP calls this personality The Inspirer.

An Inspirer. I LIKE it!!

No comments: